Sunday, February 21, 2010

WalCast 7: Girls, Girls, Girls

Despite the title this week, this is not a tribute to Motley Crue. This is, in fact, the first all-female vocal edition of the your beloved WalCast. Or maybe it's just beloved to me. Regardless, the fact remains. What fact, you ask? I have no idea what we were just talking about. Oh, yes, female vocals in the music, that's right...ummm...yes. So anyway, here it is. All female vocals in the tracks on the WalCast this week, I mean. So, just so we're clear, the WalCast...vocals of the female persuasion, in the music...that I'm playing. For you to listen to. If you like. If not, then...what? Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I have compiled music for your listening pleasure if you so desire to indulge in said music, and the music features vocal stylings by women. Is that clear enough? Look, just press the play button below and listen. Or click the link at the bottom to download the show and listen later, alright? Why don't you ever listen to me? I feel like we don't really communicate anymore. Whatever, fine.



Listing O' the Tracks

So Noticed - Emmi
- From the album The Invite.

100mph in 2nd Gear - Gemma Ray - From Lights Out Zoltar.

How to Tame Lions - Washington - From the EP How to Tame Lions.

Holy Dirty Game - Manna - From the album Songs of Hope and Desire.

Story - Great Northern - From Remind Me Where the Light Is.

Uneasy - The Spinanes - From Manos.

The River - Audra Mae - From the EP Haunt.

Cherry Tree - 10000 Maniacs - From the classic In My Tribe.

Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken - Camera Obscura - From Let's Get Out of This Country.

Barcelona - Plasticines - From About Love.

Looking for Nothing - Aimee Mann - From Smilers.

I've Got More - Ambulette - From the 2009 SXSW compilation.

In Violet - Angie Mattson - From the 2009 SXSW compilation.

Ease the Pain - The Sound of Hush - From their debut The Sound of Hush.

Hell - Tegan and Sara - From Sainthood.

Download the show from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment